Sustason PPSU (polyphenolsulfone) is produced from Radel® R resin. It is an amorphous product that offers improved chemical resistance and
thermal stability over most amorphous thermoplastics. Sustason PPSU has the added advantage of superior impact resistance over polycarbonate.
It is preferred over all other amorphous thermoplastics, including PEI (Ultem®), where added thermal performance impact resistance and a high
number of steam sterilization cycles is desired.
- Excellent thermal stability
- High impact resistance
- Resistance to hydrolysis
- Continuous use temperature of 320° F
- FDA and USP Class VI compliant
- Outstanding steam autoclaving resistance
- Custom colors available by request
- Sizing trials for joint implants
- Dental handles and instruments
- Medical device components
- Lab animal cages