Size and Availability:
Sheet / Slab Stock
- Thickness: 1/8"thk to 1/2"thk standard
- Sheet sizes: 48"x 96", 60"x 96", 72"x 96" and 48"x 120"
- Custom sheet sizes available upon request
As of 5/1/12, Bayer Material Science purchased Arkema’s Tuffak® polycarbonate sheet business.
The substitute for Tuffak® XL is Makrolon® UC (Aircraft quality).
MaterialScience's Letter to customers
Bayer Substitute - Makrolon® UC (Aircraft quality)
Tuffak® W polycarbonate sheet is the premium product in the market for construction of polycarbonate aircraft canopies.
Airmen in the US Air Force and other armed services trust the Tuffak® polycarbonate sheet brand and the technical expertise of Altuglas International.
Tuffak® W polycarbonate sheet has been used in the F-16 Falcon, the F-18 Hornet, and the F-22 Raptor.
- Optical clarity
- Excellent impact resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Easy to machine
- Aircraft canopies