TUFFAK® XL MSDS
Tuffak Product Family Page
Size and Availability:
Sheet / Slab stock
- Thickness: .080"thk to .500"thk standard
- Sheet sizes: 48"x 96", 60"x 96", 72"x 96" and 48"x 120"
- Custom sheet sizes available upon request
As of 5/1/12, Bayer Material Science purchased Arkema’s Tuffak® polycarbonate sheet business.
The substitute for Tuffak® XL is Makrolon® UV (Enhanced UV stability grade).
MaterialScience's Letter to customers
Bayer Substitute - Makrolon® UV (Enhanced UV stability grade)
Tuffak® XL weatherable polycarbonate sheet is a newer grade of polycarbonate sheet product from Altuglas International. It’s 300 times stronger
than single-strength glass and significantly stronger than other transparent sheet materials.
Tuffak® XL polycarbonate sheet is produced via a proprietary process that creates a built-in UV barrier. As a result, sign makers using this sheet
gain many advantages, including extended life of its impact properties, longer term yellowing resistance and higher light transmission over standard,
general-purpose polycarbonate sheet.
Surface haze and yellowing will combine to reduce light transmission through a sign material. Tuffak® XL polycarbonate sheet retains a high degree of
light transmission over standard polycarbonate, allowing your sign image to remain crisp and clear for a longer period of time.
- Built in UV barrier
- Highest impact of Altuglas line
- Designed specifically for sign applications
- Improved whiter white
- UL recognized 10 year warranty against yellowing and loss of light transmission
- Traffic walk / don’t walk signs
- Transportation - Rail
- Store front signage
- Signage and display