Size and Availability:
Sheet / Slab stock
- Thickness: 1/4”thk to 4”thk
- Sheet sizes: 24”x 48”, 28”x 57”, 36”x 48” and 36”x 60”
Rod / Round stock
- Diameters: 1”dia to 12”dia
- Rod length: 13”, 26” and 49” varies by diameter
Tube / Hollow round stock
- Diameters: 2”OD to 40”OD (wall sections 1/4” to 4”thk)
- Rod length: 13”, 26” and 39” varies by diameter
|A cast nylon with built-in oil lubrication, oil-filled nylon provides superior machinability, performance, and durability compared to other
plastic and traditional bearing materials.
It also weighs 1/7 the weight of Bronze.
During the manufacturing process, an oil lubricant package is completely dispersed within the cast nylon matrix, making it an integral part
of the casting's structure. Although not evident by sight or touch, the oil lubricant in the nylon is always at the surface regardless of the
amount of material removed during finish machining or normal wear.
Known more commonly under the trade name Nyloil® (Cast Nylons LTD) or Nylatron® LIG (Quadrant EPP), oil-filled nylon is well known for its
For more information on the two specific tradenames above, please click on one of the links below.
See also NYLOIL® Oil-filled (click here)
See also NYLATRON® Products (click here)
See also Nylon Family page (click here)
- Lubrication results in 25% lower coefficient of friction than other grades of nylon
- Performs in harsh environments where lubrication is difficult, impossible or undesirable.
- Oil will not spill out, dry out or drain out, even under the harshest operating conditions.
- Operates efficiently in direct contact with abrasive slurries
- Works successfully in marine applications
- Works and machines as easily as brass
- Bushings and bearings
- Gears and sprockets
- Wear rails, pads and strips
- Pulleys and sheaves
- Conveyor wheels and rollers
- Feed screws
- Star wheels