Aluminum Pipe and Tube
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Pipe and Tube
Aluminum can be used in various applications due to the high strength to weight ratio compared to other metals. Weighing in at one third as much as iron, steel, copper, or brass, aluminum is the most abundant metal element in Earth's crust and makes up about 8% by weight. As a top aluminum pipe and tubing supplier, Alro Steel stocks 6061 and 6063 aluminum pipe and aluminum tube.
Aluminum pipe and tube have very good corrosion resistance and are virtually maintenance-free. It has good heat conductivity, better than any other common metal, and it will conduct electricity similar to copper products. Aluminum is also non-toxic and can be used in food preparation equipment. Aluminum's reflective nature is suitable for light fixtures, is non-combustible and so does not burn. Some end uses include transportation, food packaging, furniture, electrical applications, building, construction, machinery, and equipment.
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Pipe and Tube Options
Uses for 6061 Aluminum Drawn and Extruded Round Tubing
The application uses for 6061 aluminum drawn and extruded round tubing include:
- 6061 aluminum drawn seamless rounding tubing is ideal for applications that require brazing or welding.
- 6061 aluminum extruded seamless round tubing is common due to its chromium content and high-corrosion resistance in all tempers.
- 6061 aluminum extruded round tubing
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Shapes
Our selection of 6061 and 6063 aluminum shapes include aluminum rectangular, round, and square tubing. Offered in a wide selection of sizes and aluminum styles including 6061 aluminum drawn and extruded tubing.
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
- 6061 Aluminum Rectangle Tube. Ideal for frames and fencing.
- 6063 Aluminum Rectangle Tube. Used for ornamental applications, fabrication projects, and automotive applications.
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Round Tubing
- 6061 Aluminum Round Tube. Ideal for applications like framework.
- 6063 Aluminum Round Tube. Ideal for fabrication, industrial and commercial projects such as railings and signposts.
6063 and 6061 Aluminum Square Tubing
- 6061 Aluminum Square Tube. Ideal for machined parts and industrial components.
- 6063 Aluminum Square Tube. Ideal for racks, construction purposes, and frames.
Differences Between 6061 Aluminum and 6063 Aluminum
Aluminum 6061 is an all-purpose metal, used across a variety of industries due to its strength, weldability, machinability, and corrosion resistance. 6061 aluminum offers excellent formability and is one of the most common aluminum alloys due to its versatility. Aluminum 6063 is used for its mechanical properties, with the metal being heat treatable and weldable. It is an ideal choice for extrusions and architectural applications. While both aluminum grades are similar, 6061 aluminum offers a higher yield strength for parts that need to withstand force. 6063 aluminum provides a slight advantage when it comes to corrosion-resistance when compared to 6061 aluminum, making it a better choice for outdoor applications.
- 6061 aluminum application uses include pipe fittings, bridge components, beverage cans, and car components.
- 6063 aluminum application uses include door frames, sign frames, and roofing.
Differences Between Aluminum Pipe and Aluminum Tube
While seemingly equivalent, the difference between aluminum pipe and aluminum tube remains rooted in their intended use. Aluminum pipes can transport fluids, gas, or other materials, while also having the ability to be pressure tested.