We are pleased to announce the acquisition of certain assets of Sedalia Steel Supply by Alro Steel Corporation of Jackson, Michigan. This includes Sedalia Steel Supply in Sedalia, Missouri, and Camdenton Steel Supply in Camdenton, Missouri.
The two locations include a 107,000 square foot facility located at 1900 Rissler Road, Sedalia, MO 65301-1212, and a 12,000 square foot facility located 746 Keystone Industrial Park, Camdenton, MO 65020.
Sedalia Steel Supply was established in 1976 as a metals distributor owned by Wayne and Gayle Lamb. As is true with all fine companies, the experienced and committed people that are part of Sedalia Steel Supply have helped build the company over the years. We are delighted that this team will join Alro and continue to provide exceptional service. Alro is excited to have a footprint from which to grow in a new market that is expanding.
Alro Steel is a distributor of metals, industrial supplies, and plastics. Founded in 1948 by brothers, Alvin and Robert Glick, Alro Steel began in a small garage in Jackson, Michigan. The company name was derived from the first two letters from Al & Robert. Al began the company during a steel shortage in the 1940s which was due to the military demands of World War II. He found a niche matching up companies with steel needs to companies with excess steel.
Today, Alro has grown to over 60 locations in 12 states. Alro distributes metals, industrial supplies, and plastics, offering cut-to-size metals and plastics with next day delivery to over 25,000 customers in North America. Alro sells a broad inventory of products under the following companies: Alro Steel, Alro Metals, Alro Metals Outlet, Alro Industrial Supply, and Alro Plastics.
Download a pdf of this press release:
Click here to download the full press release