Nyloil® Typical Properties
Size and Availability:
Sheet / Slab stock
- Thickness: 1/4”thk to 4”thk
- Sheet sizes: 24”x 48”, 28”x 57”, 36”x 48” and 36”x 60”
Rod / Round stock
- Diameters: 1”dia to 12”dia
- Rod length: 13”, 26” and 49” varies by diameter
Tube / Hollow round stock
- Diameters: 2”OD to 40”OD (wall sections 1/4” to 4”thk)
- Rod length: 13”, 26” and 39” varies by diameter
A cast nylon with built-in oil lubrication, NYLOIL® provides superior machinability, performance, and durability compared to other plastic and traditional
bearing materials. Three grades of NYLOIL® are available to fit the most demanding applications: original Green Nyloil for most bearing applications;
food-grade, Natural Nyloil-FG for direct contact with food; and MoS2 filled Gray Nyloil-MDX with slightly higher compressive load capabilities than original
During NYLOIL’s manufacturing process, an oil lubricant package is completely dispersed within the cast nylon matrix, making it an integral part of the casting
s structure. Although not evident by sight or touch, the oil lubricant in NYLOIL is always at the surface regardless of the amount of material removed during
finish machining or normal wear.
NYLOIL-FG is a self lubricating nylon bearing material which meets the provisions of FDA Regulations 21 CFR, Section 177.15 (and others) and USDA 3A Sanitary
Standards 20-17 for direct contact with food. This is a particularly useful material where additional lubrication is not desirable because of cleanability,
contamination, or other considerations.
Gray NYLOIL-MDX is formulated with a Molybdenum Disulfide filler which promotes higher crystallinity in the cast polymer, in addition to the oil lubricant
package. This yields a bearing material with more consistent intermolecular structure and generally a narrower distribution within the range of physical
property values, while retaining the advanced friction properties of unfilled Nyloil.
- Lubrication results in 25% lower coefficient of friction than other grades of nylon.
- Performs in harsh environments where lubrication is difficult, impossible, or un-desirable.
- Operates efficiently in direct contact with abrasive slurries.
- Works successfully in marine applications.
- Reduced water absorption promotes higher dimensional stability.
- Works and machines as easily as brass.
- Oil will not spin out, dry out, or drain out, even under the harshest operating conditions.
- Bushings and bearings
- Gears and sprockets
- Wear rails, pads and strips
- Pulleys and sheaves
- Conveyor wheels and rollers
- Feed screws
- Star wheels