Sustarin® C MG Typical Properties
Sustarin® C MG MSDS
Size and Availability:
Rod / Round:
- Diameters: 1/4”dia to 8”dia
- Rod length: Varies by diameter
- Colors: 8 different colors, Natural, Gray, Black, Brown, Blue, Red, Yellow and Green.
Sheet / Plate:
- Thickness: 1/4”thk to 4”thk (standard increments)
- Sheet sizes: 24”x 48”, 48”x 120” in a select few thicknesses
Sustarin® C MG is Medical Grade certified acetal copolymer
As a semi-crystalline material, acetal is characterized by a low coefficient of friction and good wear properties-especially in wet
environments. Because acetal absorbs minimal amounts of moisture, its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments.
Low moisture absorption gives excellent dimensional stability for close tolerance machining.
Sustarin® C MG comes in 8 different colors, Natural, Gray, Black, Brown, Blue, Red, Yellow and Green.
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Excellent electrical properties
- Easy to machine to tight tolerances
- Porosity free
- Very low moisture absorption
- Continuous use temperature of 180°F
- Consistent properties in wet or moist environments
- Can be sterilized multiple times by using hot steam
- Sizing trials for joint implants
- Instrument handles and grips
- Medical device components
- Bushings and bearings
- Wear strips and pads
- Valves and manifolds