Size and Availability:
|Alro Plastics has partnered with Crown Plastics Company, who utilizes the world's only true process of continuous compression molding which heats,
compresses and cools the UHMW directly to thickness in a continuous flow allowing for long continuous rolls with low stress and tight tolerance.
Crown Plastics has also mastered the art of surface treatment of UHMW thereby transforming UHMW into a material or coating that is highly bondable.
UHMW can be supplied from Crown Plastics with a pressure sensitive adhesive system (peel and stick) or one side abraded for use with contact cements
or epoxies. These options eliminate the need for mechanical fastening and open up unlimited application opportunities for UHMW.
Pressure sensitive tapes and materials can be applied in areas where mechanical fastening is undesirable due to cost or application demands. The
substrate should be as smooth as possible and must be clean and free of any potential contamination. A totally evaporating solvent such as acetone
is recommended where permitted. Applications for UHMW pressure sensitive tapes and materials include guides, washers, gaskets, work surfaces, and
countless friction and wear areas.
- For applications where mechanical fastening is not practical
- Longer rolls, little or no seams in longer applications
- Outstanding impact strength even at low temperatures
- Excellent sliding material due to a low coefficient of friction
- Self lubricating (non-caking and sticking)
- Good chemical and stress cracking resistance
- FDA and USDA approved
- Easily machined
- Material handling
- Food and beverage
- Woodworking and lumbering
- Packaging and printing