Nylatron® Family Page
Nylon Family Page
Size and Availability:
- Thickness: 3/16”thk to 4”thk
- Sheet sizes: 24” x 48”, 48” x 120” available in 1/2”thk only
- Diameter: 2”dia to 12”dia
- Lengths: 2”dia to 5.75”dia, 4 foot lengths.
- Lengths: 6”dia and up, 1 foot lengths.
|Nylatron® NSM is the premium bearing and wear nylon product available today. Solid lubricant additives impart self-lubricating, high pressure/velocity
and superior wear resistance characteristics. This wear resistance is delivered without either start-up or running lubrication making it ideal for bearings,
gears and wear pads. It is a proprietary type 6 nylon formulation produced using Quadrant EPP's Monocast process. Nylatron® NSM was developed specifically
for demanding applications where larger size parts are required. In wear applications, Nylatron® NSM lasts up to 10 times longer than standard Type 6 nylon.
Developed specifically for demanding applications, Nylatron® NSM outperforms all other "premium" wear grade materials by far. Ideal for bearings and wear pads,
Nylatron® NSM offers advantages beyond superior wear resistance at an affordable price. It provides weight and noise reduction, corrosion resistance, and easy
machining. With less downtime and reduced maintenance, save time and money by realizing the increased performance and productivity of this self-lubricating nylon.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma and x-rays)
- Good machinability
- Bushings and bearings
- Rollers and sleeves
- Star wheels
- Wear components
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes
up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.